The president's latest 'offer' supposedly includes a plan to:
- Raise taxes by $1.3 trillion
- Cut spending by $930 billion
- Lift the debt limit for two years
- Extension of unemployment benefits
- Infrastructure spending stimulus
- Raise the rates on capital gains and dividends from 15% to 20%
- Raise estate taxes to pre-2009 levels-a 45 percent top rate, with a $3.5 million exemption per person
- Includes savings from ending the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq and last year’s debt limit deal which Obama offer says reduces the deficit by $4 trillion over ten years.
- No Medicare eligibility age changes or entitlement program savings
- Patch the Alternative Minimum Tax
- Avoid an increase in the physician payment rate under Medicare (how long will that last before congress changes it?)
- Doesn't include any payroll tax extension which you can bet the Dems will find some way to pass.
Any Nebraska Republican running for re-election in 2014 would be better justified in voting no and allowing the country to go over the fiscal cliff rather than accepting a deal that will jeopardize the future of our country, not to mention their own political future.