Sunday, December 23, 2012

Goodbye and Good Riddance

We recently wrote the soon to be former U.S. Senator from Nebraska E. Benjamin Nelson about an issue relating to taxes and oil companies.

Normally, when we have written him in the past we get back some kind of generic response that says he will keep our opinion in mind.   Sometime the generic response isn't even related to the reason we wrote him.

Such is the case with our latest response from Benny.    Seems he thought it was more appropriate to tell us how he served us rather than even mention the issue that we wrote about, but then that was no surprise.    

So, here is Benny's response.   We print it because it shows the arrogance and lack of reality of this guy who couldn't possibly be re-elected.   

Nebraskans owe him a special thanks as it was his lack of connection with them (Obamacare) and his inability to get re-elected that gave Nebraska the one star on November 6th when we were at last able to put a real conservative in his place, Deb Fischer.

So here is his e-mail to us:

"Thank you for contacting me to share your views. I appreciate hearing from you and, rest assured, will continue to keep your thoughts in mind as legislation comes before me in the weeks and months ahead.

As you know, I will be retiring from the United States Senate at the end of this year and would like to take this opportunity to share with you what a pleasure it has been to serve you and the great state of Nebraska, first as your Governor and then as your U.S. Senator.

I have always loved the people of Nebraska, which is why I chose to spend the past two decades in public service. Nebraska is where I was born and raised and where I raised my own children. Being able to represent a place and a people so dear to my heart has truly been an honor. From my first day in the Senate, I vowed to work across the aisle for the people of Nebraska without regard for party affiliation. I want you to know that I looked at every issue independently and - just as I did when I served as your Governor - made my decisions based on what was best for Nebraska and for America.

I am proud of what we have achieved together, and I will continue to look for ways to serve Nebraska. By working together in a bipartisan manner, we can all find common ground on difficult issues that will create lasting positive change for our state and for our country.

Thank you again for contacting me. I genuinely appreciate Nebraska's civic-minded individuals such as yourself and am forever grateful to have had the privilege of representing you and the great state of Nebraska."

No comments: