The ad invites us to the "Larry Bradley Votefest!, a fun filled evening for everyone to participate in democracy." It goes on to say, "Support Larry Bradley for Regent, voter Education, and the Right to Vote."
The event is set for March 2 from 5:30-8:30 p.m. at the Fire Fighters Hall at 60th & Grover. The inset to the ad says:
- Important event for upcoming presidential election
- Updates on Nebraska Caucus exercise
- Know who you are voting for
- Exercise your right to vote
- Residents of North Omaha, Midtown, South Omaha - WE NEED YOU.
- Mariachi bands, Irish Bands, etc.
- Hear other candidates and elected officials speak
- Free soda pop - cash bar.
Bradley's website tells us:
"Larry is a lifelong Nebraska. Larry and his wife, Dr. Silvia Rael, live and work in
Omaha while raising their family.
Larry is a product of public schools and the University of Nebraska system. Larry holds a
Doctorate in Geography and currently teaches as an adjunct at
the University of Nebraska - Omaha.
Larry believes in service to family, community, and the nation. Larry served in the U.S. Army for four years and was honorably discharged in 1986. Larry currently serves as Commander of a local veterans post in South Omaha.
Larry continues to serve Nebraska. In 2008, Larry was elected by voters to serve as a Board Member of the Papio-Missouri Natural Resource District. Larry previously served a Gubernatorial appointment on the Nebraska Environmental Quality Council."
We do wonder if there will not be a conflict of interest for Bradly should he become elected?