Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Arizona and Immigration -- PJM

I really hope you have the time to read this article. After you do, some well accuse me of being a callous conservative and to that I plead guilty. The fact is that Arizona has taken on some of the responsibility that our federal government has both failed to do and abdicated. And while I'm sure our friends at the New York Times wrote this article to make those folks in Arizona look like cruel callous conservatives, the fact remains that Arizona is not rewarding illegals for being there whether through their action or the crime of their parents. And guess what? The law is working. Now that might offend the sensitivities of some liberal college professors (assuming you actually have professors taking time from their writings to teach) who rely on the illegal economy to give them a job, but so be it. Why should the citizens of Arizona (or Nebraska or any state) subsidize non-citizens? And oh, when it comes to going back home to Mexico to get an education, it isn't fair because after all, they don't get subsidies there. My apologies to those I offend... See: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/27/us/27tuition.html?th=&emc=th&pagewanted=print

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great article. Doesn’t make me feel bad that Arizona took action—just makes me wonder why Nebraska doesn’t do the same thing